Franklin/Kerr Press is open for general submissions of novel and novella-length manuscripts in the following genres:
- Thriller, Mystery & Suspense
- Young Adult (in any of the above genres)
While we are interested in a variety of genres and sub-genres, and encourage genre bending and blending, there are a few that we will not accept and kindly ask authors to not send. These are as follows:
- Overtly religious works (religion can be a part of the story, but not the story)
We will accept stories of most lengths, however, we prefer novel-length submissions somewhere in the range of 60,000 to 100,000 words. Novels longer than this will really have to grab our attention to be considered for publication. We also will consider novella length submissions between 20,000 and 40,000 words. We usually only accept short stories for our anthologies. If you are interested in submitting to one of our anthologies, please check out our calls for submission on the upper-right hand side of this page.
All submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a query letter, one to two page synopsis and links to your website (if applicable) and social media network profiles in the body of your email along with a sample of your manuscript formatted to the below specifications as an attachment. Please use the e-mail subject: "Manuscript Submission / Your Name".
- Novels: Send the first three chapters.
- Novellas: Send the first 2,000 words (if this breaks the manuscript off to early, send more only as required).
Manuscript Formatting Requirements:
- MS WORD documents only (.doc and .docx formats).
- 12pt Times New Roman Font.
- 1-inch margins.
- Provide your name, e-mail address, street address, phone number and the manuscript's title and overall word count on the cover page.
- On the upper-right corner of each page, include the manuscript title and the current page number.
- Start each chapter on a new page.
Due to the high number of submissions we receive, we cannot guarantee a response to every submission. If we would like to read more of your manuscript we will contact you to request the full manuscript. Please do not send follow-up e-mails, we will contact you if we are interested in your manuscript. Manuscripts and queries not following the above requirements will not be considered. Do not share your manuscript through Google, or other sharing software, send us a direct e-mail with the attachment and other requested information as detailed above.
Should your work be accepted by another publisher, please e-mail us at email@example.com to inform us of this great news. Even though we won′t be able to publish your story, we′ll be happy for your nonetheless and it will help us dedicated our attention to other potential submissions.
Into the Unknown
Genre: Sci-Fi | Deadline: July 30, 2017